Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Concordia Oak Pics

letemgrow

PMA Member
Concordia Oak Pics(SwampxChinkapinxDwarf Chinkapin Hybrid)

Here are some pics of the mature trees and some of the seedlings that were dug up for me.
These first 2 pics of seedlings that I planted out at the farm...right by the apple orchard and just so happens a stand is close by :D
ConcordiaOak1.jpg

ConcordiaOak.jpg

The hual from the Ladies farm.

ConcordiaOakSeedlings.jpg

Mature Trees, leaves, bark and overview.

ConcordiaOak3.jpg

ConcordiaOak2.jpg

ConcordiaOak5.jpg

ConcordiaOak4.jpg

Acorns:

ConcordiaOakAcorns.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sweet! You suspect deer will be big fans of those types of acorns? Native to what areas? I love getting oak diversity, great stuff!

It is native to one county in MO...a 3-way cross between a swamp white oak, dwarf chinkapin oak and chinkpain oak. Deer love all 3 of those acorns so this tree should be a winner.

There were 13 original trees found at the rest area there in Concordia and this cross has been found no where else in the world.

Last edited:
I'm going to add those pics to the front page of the tree planting thread Phil! Looks like some awesome seedlings...I hope they all live and you can spread this tree around more then one county!:way:

I'm going to add those pics to the front page of the tree planting thread Phil! Looks like some awesome seedlings...I hope they all live and you can spread this tree around more then one county!:way:

Hopefully I will get some acorns this fall to dibby out, but for sure when my Concordia Oaks start dropping I will send some acorns out to share the oak.

I noticed that a few of the seedlings that I dug up had a different leaf structure from the rest. The one had a leaf structure exactly like a dwarf chinkapin oak, longer than wide and was very distinct from the rest of the seedlings the same size.

I am hoping that it mimics the DCO more and stays shrubby as opposed to the other trees. If I can get my hands on enough acorns this fall I will post up a thread and start mailing them out.

Top Bottom