Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Congrats Trey !!!!! 200+

I have not heard the rumors but we have all seen this over and over when someone shoots a big deer. Trey and I contacted our good friend and local conservation officer before recovering the deer and had him view the deer within an hour of the recovery also. He was one of the people that aged the deer for us. Trey has hunted hard and worked hard on our farm for the last 8 years and he has taken many deer with both gun and bow. Thanks again for the support from all on this site and that is why we follow Iowa Whitetail.
John

Last edited:
I have not heard the rumors but we have all seen this over and over when someone shoots a big deer. Trey and I contacted our local conservation officer before recovering the deer and had him view the deer within an hour of the recovery also. He was one of the people that aged the deer for us. If someone wants facts about the deer they should have some balls and ask me and not start this crap from behind a computer. Trey has hunted hard and worked hard on our farm for the last 8 years and he has taken many deer with both gun and bow off it. He got this deer by hard work and dedication not writing a check and buying a deer off a deer farm. I don't even know where you hide a deer like this without people knowing about it? Thanks again for the support from all on this site and that is why we only follow Iowa Whitetail.
John

Good for you guys! I've seen a couple of the rumors on other sites & someone always beats me to letting people know the truth, but hopefully we can continue to let everyone know that this great deer was taken by hard work & fair chase!

It's a little sad that when someone shoots a deer of that caliber, you need to call the CO before it's even recovered, but with that said, it's prob. a really, really good idea. I've always said that's what I'd do if the need arose for it, but where I hunt I have a better chance of shooting a bigfoot or unicorn than shooting a 200" deer! :grin:

Again, congrats to you both!

It's a little sad that when someone shoots a deer of that caliber, you need to call the CO before it's even recovered, but with that said, it's prob. a really, really good idea.
I would never go the extra mile to satisfy the rumor mongers. It's the nature of the beast. Great buck!

I would never go the extra mile to satisfy the rumor mongers. It's the nature of the beast. Great buck!

Me either, when I shoot my 200"er I am NOT going to call the CO. Although I respect others that choose to do this to avoid any controversy, it bugs me that our society has "progressed" to such a point that an honest hunter "has" to call the CO in proactively to disprove any future rumors.

I say let the rumor mongers do their thing, I will not let them influence me or throw a downer on a great buck though.

Top Bottom