Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Conservation Program Resources

Monsterbuck

We bought some property in Warren county early this year. Went to the NRCS office in Indianola to see about some cost share programs, etc that might be available. The people we met did not seem like they wanted to be very helpful and didn't offer much in the way of information. Certainly not the kind of helpful and cooperative relationship we were hoping for.

Does anybody have any experience with dealing with anyone from this office? Can we talk to and get applications from an office in another county? Who makes the determinations on program eligibility, is it done at the county office level or do they submit the applications to the state or national level?

I would really like to find somebody willing to help me set up a management plan for the property and help get some funding for projects. If anybody has some resources to recommend I would really appreciate it!

Dealing with the government

We bought some property in Warren county early this year. Went to the NRCS office in Indianola to see about some cost share programs, etc that might be available. The people we met did not seem like they wanted to be very helpful and didn't offer much in the way of information. Certainly not the kind of helpful and cooperative relationship we were hoping for.

Does anybody have any experience with dealing with anyone from this office? Can we talk to and get applications from an office in another county? Who makes the determinations on program eligibility, is it done at the county office level or do they submit the applications to the state or national level?

I would really like to find somebody willing to help me set up a management plan for the property and help get some funding for projects. If anybody has some resources to recommend I would really appreciate it!

Yes, I can sure relate, and I have experienced it in several different counties. Filling out applications means more work, and there is no incentive for a government worker to do this, because they are paid the same regardless and job security in the system is solid.

You will have to press or force the issue and make many calls, some will not be returned. I would see if a private business in your area could help you.

No offense to government workers really, and some are great, but 80% of the office employees that I deal with either do not want to do the work, or they take their time, never call you back, or tell you the wrong information.

I usually have to tell them that I want to implement a certain program and then they check to see if it is eligible, which I know it is, so it is frustrating to say the least.

Good luck!

My nrcs wasnt all that helpfull either. I figured out i had to ask them yes or no questions to get anything or anywhare. They dont look much up for you unless you ask about the spacific programs.
Good luck

Top Bottom