Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cool link to vintage 1930's era arial photos

Skully

PMA Member
I was reading the local paper and they were writing about how back in the 1930's the Government took a series of fly-over pictures of the landscape. They have since developed a web version for all to see. It is really neat to look at the family farm to see what it looked like almost 80 years ago. Make sure to go to the left side column and scroll down to the "Air Photography, Historic 1930's" version. Really neat, check it out.

http://programs.iowadnr.gov/ims/website/basic/viewer.htm

Skully,
Pretty neat find.

I have been to that page before but missed that feature.
Thanks for the info. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Skully,
Pretty neat find.

I have been to that page before but missed that feature.
Thanks for the info. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Me too! Thanks Skully /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

that is awesome! Cool to see the old farm places that were around..now they are just a pile of rotten boards or junk pushed up in our crick! Love sifting through those old piles, find some interesting stuff!

Definately, very interesting. I'd love to see what my 1918 farmsted looked like at only 15 years old! Too bad there aren't aerials for this area of KS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoessHillsArcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is awesome! Cool to see the old farm places that were around..now they are just a pile of rotten boards or junk pushed up in our crick! </div></div>

Just up the road on my neighbors place all that is left is an old hand pump well and a wind mill. In the old photos of that farm is a busy farmstead with feed lots outbuildings and a house. Makes you wonder what happened and what our places will look like in 80 years.

Anybody else notice the 2006 Ariel photos in the layers? I cant get that layer to work, anyone else try it?

let me know?

Top Bottom