Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Copenhagen and Scent-LOK?

[ QUOTE ]
Some guys can quit, some guys don't ever want to....

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta love that!!

Its crazy what will and what wont keep a deer from blowing out of the county! I guess I can now consider copenhagen as my cover scent.

Scent-LOK is a waste of money in my opinion. If you want to buy a scent lock suit again, just give me your money instead.

The other night I was in my ladder stand and I was chewing mint skoal , we'll anyhow I was spitting down the ladder part of the stand when after a while a 8 pointer walk up to my stand and started licking where my chew was hitting he was there for about a good 10 minutes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livtahunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other night I was in my ladder stand and I was chewing mint skoal , we'll anyhow I was spitting down the ladder part of the stand when after a while a 8 pointer walk up to my stand and started licking where my chew was hitting he was there for about a good 10 minutes </div></div>Thats nasty.He would probably drink bong water also. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

[/quote]Thats nasty.He would probably drink bong water also. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif [/quote] EWWWWW /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

I wouldn't worry about the chewing thing if I were you, I live with cope in my lip all day long, I piss in scrapes when I happen to be close to them and I don't bother carring a bottle around for anything other than a beverage ! Deer are NOT afraid of ALL scents, somehow the marketers of those scent products have brainwashed people into believing otherwise ! Deer do not like HUMAN odor, and they do not know that you BOUGHT your leaves to chew on ! They actually like to chew on leaves also, it is part of their diet ! Neither can they tell that the water I drank before I pissed in their scrape came from a bottle instead of a stream. Ya'll are thinking way too much about this. Eliminate HUMAN scent ( you know armpits, groin,a**, etc...) and chew all you want, pee all you want, and try focusing on seeing/shooting the deer. I chew all natural cope with no flavors added because that is what I like, but most "flavors" that are added to tobacco products are natural smells. Your liver and kindneys filter what you drink, and a deer cannot tell the difference between your urine or that of any other omnivore. I just happen to kill more "quality" deer that most of my peers, and I do it with Copenhagen in my mouth while I am hunting, instead of sitting at home making excuses about why not to hunt. Being in the field, hunting deer will put more antlers in your trophy room than worrying about bottling your excess fluids ! Good luck . . .

Man up & swallow it. It cleanses the soul...& everything else. :D

I started chewing when I was 8 & stopped at 23. I think about Cope EVERY day.

i have killed many deer with a chew in doesnt seem to bother them any have spit on many does and small bucks they just keep on moving think i will open a can and put at the bottom of tree and see if they try a little of it

Every waking moment in the stand I have a chew. Never once did a deer spook from this. They lick it, walk pass, etc. They don't associate the new smell to a human 20 feet above them. Smelly arm pits, you bet all day long. A little slug spit isn't going to ruin a hunt imo. Chew away and enjoy the hunt!!!

This thread is a little old.That being said i had skoal longcut straight in when i shot every deer the last 4 years and it never bothered any of them.But i still dont spit on the ground or throw my chews on the ground around my stand.

The other night I was in my ladder stand and I was chewing mint skoal , we'll anyhow I was spitting down the ladder part of the stand when after a while a 8 pointer walk up to my stand and started licking where my chew was hitting he was there for about a good 10 minutes

I would of spit on him...lol

Top Bottom