Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Corn & Soybean repellant

SEIowaDeerslayer

Hi there folks, have a quick question regarding some plots I'm preparing for planting this upcoming spring.

I'm going to be planting an acre of corn and an acre of soybeans, each will be separate plots but I'm concerned about the attention the plants will get when they're little. The plots will be bordering a draw but due to the lack of space they will be separate from eachother, making them more likely to encounter some early destruction. Is there a good repellent on the market that will deter the deer from a corn and soybean plot before it reaches maturity? Thanks!

Only repellant that I now that works for sure is an eight foot fence. And that may not be 100%.

The 'Bonker

There is something that you could put in with the herbicide and spray on the beans, but working with it first hand, the stuff does not work. Best thing to do is get a couple of dogs from the pound and tie them up beside the plot /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only repellant that I now that works for sure is an eight foot fence. And that may not be 100%.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

I agree..

There is the Plot Saver System which I have never used. I have seen varying degrees of sucess on the QDM forums. They will jump this fencing without hesitation once they figure out they can... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

If you have a high deer density and hidden plots...it's nearly impossible to keep them out with out using very expensive deterrents such as fencing.

I have 6 acres plus several acres of smaller plots on an 80 that are all hidden...and they get mowed, hammered to the ground.

If you decide on corn and beans you will have to do something or it will all be for naught......

I spray my fruit trees, grapes & sweet corn with a product called "liquid fence" to keep them from reaching inside the fencing and that works well for about 30 days...then needs to be re-applied I would think it would be fairly expensive to try to treat a foodplot though- unless treating the edges would keep them at bay.

Top Bottom