Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coyote trapping advice & NOT CATCHING DEER! Old dog learning to catch dogs

Yes, they are just like us. If there is a tire track through some CRP that is packed down and rest is 18" deep, where are you going? Just step over snare and make the next one down the track. Most important is breaking up the outline, why I set on curves or bends.
If it was coon, middle of a trail, on mowed grass and they would go right through it with no blocking.
Gotcha, I didn't realize you were talking about snaring in deep snow. I do the same thing. I like to stomp down my own trail through deep snow banks on the edge of a grass fields and then put snares on the trail. Instant coyote funnel!
I like what you are saying about bends in the trail. I've not ever thought of that but it makes sense.

I’ve rarely had issues with deer, yeah maybe a trap snapped here or there but they shouldn’t hold a deer very long at all and they definitely shouldn’t hurt the deer.

I trap wide open areas. You don’t want brush piles or next to trees as it allows animals leverage to pull out of the trap.

Field edges, fence lines, and vehicle trails are where I’d be setting. That bait stinks for a reason, you want it to stink.

Super easy to catch
23423f47a388ba2e4515fc625d6fedc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom