Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cranberry Marsh Bass(couple pics added)

tlambert

PMA Member
finally figured out the cellphone pics and added a couple...they aren't very big pics

After Matt's post about fishing farm ponds, I figured I'd throw this up. I've fished the couple ponds on my Dad's cranberry marsh in WI since he built it in '87. He's got about 20 acres of water now and I love fishing these ponds. I don't have to deal with a bunch of people in there and the garbage they leave behind and it was always a place to go that was just a couple minutes away.
I went up there this past weekend to visit the folks and get a little fishing and turkey hunting in.
My dad and I went out for a bit in the boat saturday evening and caught a good number of bass in the 3-4 lb range and some good bluegill. I've got these bass pics on my cellphone since I forgot my camera. I'll get them up if I can figure out how to get them off the phone.
Monday we just fished off shore due to the wind we were getting up there. Didn't catch the size we did out in the brush in the middle, but they were a fun size to catch, and we caught a lot of them.
The first is my dad fishing our smaller upper pond and the others are some of the little guys that he pulled out of there.

Fishing_1.JPG

Fishing_2.JPG

Fishing_3.JPG

Fish1.jpeg

Fish2.jpeg

Re: Some Cranberry Marsh Bass

Nice looking ponds! Looking forward to seeing more pics

Reminds me of when I was a kid...that's all we did.

Great fish! Looks like a blast. Are those irrigation ponds for the berry trees?

Yup, irrigation ponds.......for the berry vines....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
One of these days I'll get a post up showing the process of growing and harvesting cranberries. Its really interesting and a lot of people aren't aware of how its done.

Just curious what kind of depth does it take to keep those fish through the winter. Seems like they would freeze out.

There are ditches dug throughout the ponds that range from 6-12ft deep. We've never had an issue with them freezing out. Plus there are springs all over in them that help out with that.

Nice pics and looks like a lot of fun! I have driven through that cranberry country many times (my cousins are in central WI) and it is always so beautiful. Did you guys stock the fish or were they there when your dad bought it?

He built it back in '87. We threw a couple in way back in the early 90's and they really took off.

Top Bottom