Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

crimson broadheads

katy

Ballagh
Has anyone tried shooting the new crimson spiral broadheads yet? They look like they would work pretty well. They are spiral shaped blades so they should boogey right through game? anybody have any input?

you mean the crimson talon broadheads?? they have the blades somewhat offset so they create more helical in flight and therefore more penetration. i didn't know they were on the market yet, last i heard they were being sued by muzzy for some sort of copy rightinfringemnt on the trocar tip.

CIA in Des Moines does have them in stock, they are like $34 or $39 dollars I believe. Looks like a pretty good design. I saw something on T.V. about them, and of course they were pimping them like crazy. Like to hear from an actual shooter before I buy them though.

I shot my first set last night. They were as accurate as my field points at 20 yards as at 50 yards. I've talked to two friends who have dealerships and their comments mirror my results. Cabelas along with other on-line stores have them in stock for purchase. Good Luck let me know if you like them.

I might have to buy some. I already bought Montec G5's. They fly pretty good. Tough as nails too. Tahnks for the input.

Yes, I shoot the crimson talon broadheads and they are the most accurate fixed head broadhead I have ever shot. I use to shoot Muzzy's, but with my new bow that's fast they don't shoot well. These crimson talon's are the way to go.

2guns.gif

Just shot my deer Saturday with talons. I was very happy with the results. Definetly the best flying broadhead I have ever shot!
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

I bought them at cabelas. I have shot a deer with them they do fly perfect. The only problem I see is once you shoot a deer your replacing all blades. It just destroyed the razor blades. I paid $36 dollars for 3.

A buddy shot a doe last week and had the same complaints......Having to replace some/all blades after harvesting.

I ended up shooting Steel Force serrated with bleeder blades. They grouped the best and were as close to my field points as I could get. Thanks for the input everyone.

...after going through a deer aren't the blades in need of replacing on most fixed-blade broadheads?...

No need to replace blades on the Montec by G5. Just a few strokes on the sharpening stone and it's good as new!!
I love these broadheads.

JohnyV, I completely agree... I truly believe that Montecs are currently the best fixed-blade broadhead on the market. It took me a mere 20 minutes to sight in, and the first arrow was dead on. And as far as their durability, a friend of mine has shot 5 deer with the same Montec. I think one of the biggest mistakes bowhunters tend to make when sighting in with fixed blades is that they forget to align their blades (if they're shooting a 3 blade) with their fletching. We have sold a few crimson talons to our customers and some of them have returned with complaints about the blades being/becoming weak and were prone to breakage, but they did happen to mention that they were shooting fairly similiar to their field tips.

My cousin shot a crimson into a doe this year and the blades crumpled on it.I shoot Muzzy 3 blades and have killed two deer so far this year with pass throughs on both and the broadhead still looks great.....
26404-archer[1].gif

I used the talons this year also. Flies great even with some of my older left helical fletched arrows. The blades never broke on me, I used the same one for practice and just keep bending the blades back into original form(or close to it). The first set was 100gr the second set was 125gr. The 125gr are more durable, I did shot two deer with the same blades on the broadhead, simply sharpened em up a bit. Price is a bit steep though, I was going to go to muzzy and I noticed razorbaks available on ebay so picked up some of them instead. My stepfather used razorbaks for years with no complaints! I tried jakhammers on my first deer this year, I wasn't impressed enough to stick with them.

Top Bottom