Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CRP Acres Available

blake

Life Member
From the Iowa DNR:

CRP Acres Available to Benefit Grassland Birds

An estimated 3,300 acres is being accepted into the popular Conservation Reserve Program State Acres for Wildlife Enhancement (SAFE) (CP38) Gaining Ground for Wildlife project designed to restore native grasslands, wetlands and develop food plots where they will be most beneficial.

“With such a limited number of acres available for the sign up, landowners should act soon if they want to get in,” said Todd Bogenschutz, upland wildlife research biologist for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Landowners should visit their local Farm Service Agency (FSA) office or contact the Iowa DNR wildlife bureau for detailed information. Contact the Farm Service Agency to enroll.

The rental rate payment schedule is based on maximum soil rental rate established for the three predominant soils. Contracts run 10 to 15 years.

The standard FSA 50 percent cost chare, 40 percent practice incentive payment to establish the practice, and a signing incentive payment of $100 per enrolled acre are authorized for eligible contracts. Iowa's SAFE is targeted around our public wildlife areas to benefit grassland birds both songbirds, and upland game birds.

Land that is eligible was cropped or considered cropped four out of the six years from 2002 to 2007. Eligible cropland includes row crops, small grains and forage crops. Targeted portions of all Iowa counties, except Allamakee and Clayton, are eligible to participate.

More information is available at www.fsa.usda.gov and http://www.iowadnr.gov/Environment/LandStewardship/WildlifeLandownerAssistance/FinancialAssistance.aspx

Crp

Thanks for posting, that is a good CRP program, and I am looking to put some CRP in on my farm...

Personally I like the continuous CRP program better, you get the bonus payment, more cost share and a higher payment!

i heard through the grapevine that if you have one farm in crp they can impose waterway violations on your other farms that arent signed up for it.. we had a buddy that had a terrace wash out and someone snitched on him and supposedly since he had a one farm 15 miles away in crp they could impose some regulations on this farm.. seemed really fishy to me.

i heard through the grapevine that if you have one farm in crp they can impose waterway violations on your other farms that arent signed up for it.. we had a buddy that had a terrace wash out and someone snitched on him and supposedly since he had a one farm 15 miles away in crp they could impose some regulations on this farm.. seemed really fishy to me.

Be careful about what you hear, may be more to that story. :way:

probably not.. the guy just put some serious $$$ in his farms for erosion control, buffer strips, and terraces. what washed out was a small waterway that some eavers played a helpful hand in. and he got hit with a heavy fine because he has another farm in crp. those are facts.

Top Bottom