Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CRP payment ?

J

jduckman

I'm currently looking at buying a small place, 12 acres, which has about 5 acres in CRP. Has 5 yrs left on this agreeement. My question is, the yearly payment is being paid in Oct.06, so is this payment for the 05/06 year or the 06/07 year? Also, how hard is it going to be to get the remaining payments changed to me. Thanks for any help.

I am under the impression that there are minimum acre requirements to be considered a farm in Iowa (40?). You might be able to transfer over the remaining 5 years, but I doubt you will be able to renew after that. Contact the local NRCS office (National Resource and Conservation Services).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently looking at buying a small place, 12 acres, which has about 5 acres in CRP. Has 5 yrs left on this agreeement. My question is, the yearly payment is being paid in Oct.06, so is this payment for the 05/06 year or the 06/07 year? Also, how hard is it going to be to get the remaining payments changed to me. Thanks for any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to start with the FSA Office (Farm Service Agency) which will be right next door to the NRCS office. Together they are part of the USDA but FSA handles the monetary part and NRCS deals with the conservation plans.

FSA can transfer any remaining CRP payments to you with out any problem. The Oct payment should be for the 2006 year.

Because it is currently enrolled in the program it may be elgible for future re-enrollments but you'd have to ask FSA about that. The rules change like the wind around there...so might be hard to say at this point
smirk.gif

Thanks for the information. Now I know were to start.

Top Bottom