Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CRP Regulations

shooter72

I have a question regarding planting food plots on CRP land. Is there any rules or regulations that say you can't work a section of the CRP and plant a food plot there.

Food plots need to be cleared with the FSA/NRCS for size and placement.

It's usually not a big deal and it is extremely rare that they will check on any of that but as bronc mentions, go in and show them where you want to have your food plot and then it won't be a problem.;)

Some CRP practices don't allow any food ploting, others allow up to 10% to be food plots. Teh new CP38 allows 10% to be ploted with a 5 acre cap. Every program is a little different.

Rather than starting a new thread, Im bring this one back to life with the same questions.

Is there a certain percentage of CRP that can be converted into food plots? Where could I find the rules and regs to what can or cannot be done? Ive done some googling but have come up empty handed.

My situation is this, I do not own the farm, I lease it for hunting. And I want to be able to ask the landowner if I can put some plots in without them having to contact the NRCS. I feel like, the LO isnt going to be a fan of looking into the rules of their contract. Id like to be able to do it and present the options to the LO.

Thanks for any/all help.

The FSA/NRCS must approve food plots so talk to them first. Usually no problem with regular CRP up to 10%. Filter strips etc. may be different.

I called the FSA this past week, they have not received anything from the government on the new CRP.

They said be patient! :rolleyes:

There are different options based on the CRP contract. I have 25 acres in CRP that I CAN"T do anything with. No food plots at all. The only way to know is to check with the FSA office on that particular contract.

Top Bottom