Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decoy/scent

Doubleaarc hery

Anyone ever tried taking the scent glads things by a bucks legs and putting them onto a decoy's legs?

Do you guys who have decoys put buck scent on or near them?

I've seen where they hang the scent canisters on them.

How bout that Deer Hyde spray from buckwing....anyone ever try that?

I've used fresh tarsal glands from deer other people have shot and store boughten gland lures,domanant buck urine and everything else you can think of.When I use commercial urines I put it in 35mm film canisters with a cotton ball in the bottom and place it under the decoy. Fresh tarsal glands work real well but you need to keep them refrigerated between use.They will spoil fairly quick.I put whatever I'm using on the ground beneath the decoy.I never put it on the decoy because I often hide the decoy in the brush between hunts.I don't want any deer looking for the decoy while I'm not using it.I always wear clean scent free gloves while handling the decoy as well.

I usually carry it with my shirt off and pee all over its right side. Its important to pee on the right side because I carry it under my right arm.

Top Bottom