Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Cam / Harvest ?

D

Double Trouble

Last year, I killed one of the bucks I had filmed. I hope to do the same this year as well. I have some bucks that I have over 30 pictures of. I have around 15 of the drop tine. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

I harvested a buck we had pictures of last year. We had a photo of him in velvet as well as hard horn. We also passed up a few.

Last year I had two camtrakker photos of a 12 pt. we thought could score as high as 150. We shined him several times in the evening, one time even filming him at night with a video camera. We nicknamed him moonbeam because we only saw him at night. My brother finally got him the first time we saw him during daylight. He grossed in the low 140s and netted out around 138.

Last year I found a huge buck dead that I had pictures from a camtracker. The buck was huge. I haven't had him officially scored yet, but I am guessing him between 170 & 180. Very massive rack all the way around. Roughly 5-1/2" at the base. I mounted the buck, and have the picture right beside it. To bad I couldn't have arrowed him instead of finding him dead. He was approx. 100 yds off the road.

I took a picture last year with my camera of a deer I harvested. Does that count?
grin.gif

I took a buck that I got a pic of in a scrape 20 yards from my stand the day before I shot him.

I know One Cam has pulled it off but how many other hunters have actually killed the buck they've been filming with their deer cams? Like Double Trouble filming the drop tine, seems like he's got a legitimate chance of killing that buck since he's filmed him a couple of occasions.
Let's hear some success stories maybe with some before and after pictures if available.
Pupster

Let's see these deer! I thought before and after photos would be cool.
BW: Sure it counts, that's the only way I get photos.
Pupster

The Camtrakker pic was taken on Nov. 7 last year. Notice the second/lower mainbeam, when I shot him on the 25th of Nov. he had broken it off.

The day I shot him, I got in my stand at 6:30 in the morning and took him with a 27 yd shot at 4 in the afternoon...well worth the wait!

The left side of his rack is unusual, to say the least...I just found out why when I picked him up from my taxidermist. The right side of his shoulder and neck were infected from buckshot... makes me shake my head when I see or hear of something like this. I can only imagine what he would have looked like with both sides, but he's a beauty just as he is. His age is estimated at 5 1/2-7 1/2 yrs old and his right base measures 6 1/2".

Camtrakker-pic_11-7-2001.jpg

Bow%20Buck%20with%20Dad%20Nov%2001.jpg

Two Beards,

Great story and pics, thanks for sharing.

He is a great buck!!

wavey.gif

Iowa Whitetail

This is kind of related. I was Caribou hunting in Quebec about 10 years ago and was taking pictures of the caribou I was seeing. As the bulls were getting larger and I was taking pictures, I decided that I had better shoot one. I have pictures of hima bout 30 seconds before I shot him and pictures of him 30 seconds later.

Top Bottom