Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Decoy????

I like the Delta decoy the best. It is quite, all the legs, antlers, etc. store in the body cavity. Easy in and out. I have not tried the new Primos Scarface. I've heard mixed reviews on it. I just do not like the hard shell bodied decoys. My buddy has one of those and likes it, personal choice.

I usually use it as a buck. One other trick, only put one antler on. The bucks will attack the side without the antler, so turn it so when they come in they will present you with a shot on that side. Usually I face them away from me. I also attach an actual deer tail so that blows in the breeze a little.

You'll learn as you go what works best. It's a lot of fun!! I will not be in the woods without one most days.

I have the Bobbin Head decoy... My suggestion is go with something else. Its a pain, to actually carry. The best luck I have had with it was to haul it via vehical to the site dump it and come back at hunting time, and set it up. Its loud, the movement is a huge plus for it but its about the only plus. Its unstable in decent wind, the counter weights that allow the head to move bang into the outer body making unnatural noises.

Original Carry-Lite Buck/Doe Decoy. Works great, very realistic, adjustable ears and tail. Can be noisy, like most of the rest to tote in so I stash it in the weeds near my set and then cover with camo netting & brush. No question it works. I also put some feather, ribbon, or cheap white plastic to sway from the ears & tail. The other decoy I use to compliment the set-up at times is an old school Feather Flex Roll-Up / Foam bedded Buck/Doe decoy. I've placed my Carry-Lite Buck tending my Feather Flex bedded doe with interesting results. One time I had a "Real" 10Pt Buck tending a "Real" doe come right next to my set-up and he bred/topped the real doe 4 times within 25 yards. If I had a camera I could have gotten all four "deer" in the frame several times. Just a little too small on the 10pt or I'd have some harvest photos with the set.

Top Bottom