Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Defective Mechanical Broadhead

I just got done watching "Primos Truth about Hunting" on the Outdoor Channel. They were discussing mechanical vs fixed blades and addressed my problem with mechanical blades going in at an angle and not opening properly. I was then introduced to my new Mechanical blade of choice (I hope). The "Sniper" Mechanical Broadhead, the blades open forward which is great for angles and because I still hunt alot with out a Quiver I don't have to worrie about getting snaged on the grass or even dulling my blades. Is anyone shooting these Snipers that will tell what they think of them?
Oh, I don't have adrop away rest yet. Sounds like I've been missing out. Whats the average cost?
Hunt on All4s
blush.gif

well, my trophy taker cost me $20, but i had an inside deal.
smile.gif
otherwise here is a fairly quick breakdown on a couple top fall away rests.

trophy taker $70-$80 depending on model
Quiktune 2000 approx $60
Quiktune 4000 approx $70
trophy ridge dropzone approx $100

those are the only fall away rests that i have seen and tried out. the prices are not exact but pretty close. i suggest the trophy taker, it's what i use.

Thanks for the advice on the trophy taker rest. I checked them out at Cabelas last night and really liked what I saw. It's on my Christmas list and I haven't been too naughty...
angel.gif

A second shot may have been just the ticket but he walked up the ridge away from me and turned around to see what happened. All I could really see was head and rump. He may have got a good adrenilne rush and bolted if he busted me knocking a second arrow so I just stayed still.

i have shot about 30 deer with mechincals and have never had a problem i was using spitfires and now i am using grim
reapers it seems like i am getting better blood with the grims. i have always had pass threws and they have always opened sometime i think people would rather blame the equipment then there ability . practice , practice , pratice

I have used steelhead 100's for years, and I have had them not function properly when I have taken a poor shot. I have shot several elk at 50 yards with steelheads and have had excellent penetration. Its all about the shot.

Top Bottom