Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Depression Setting In

bushman

Just checked the MN spring lottery results. For the second year in a row I was not drawn and there are no leftovers in my area. This really sucks as I have at least 3 dozen turkeys roaming the 100 acres my family owns. There are a couple of really big toms in there. Oh well, maybe get one in the fall. Just really sucks I can't get in there and take one for the second year in a row. Sorry about the long post. Just had to vent a little. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for results in Iowa and other places.

bushman - I can understand your feelings. You might want to look at going to a neighboring state to try your hand at the turkeys. I know ND has some great reservation hunting and it's very cheap. $88.00 for (2) gobblers. I have done it and it was great hunting and gorgeous country. Me and a buddy of mine are going to hunt the black hills of WY and SD this year. I will be able to get tags in both of those states cheaper then I could purchase one tag in Iowa. You just have to be picky and you can find some greats hunts at reasonable prices. I have looked into and intend on hunting WI too. Prices is very reasonable and I know there are tons of turkeys. I know it's not the same as hunting your own "backyard", but its a great chance to see new country and enjoy the spring turkey season.

Top Bottom