Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital Camera

liv4archery

PMA Member
I am going to buy a good digital camera that I can take with on stand on while rifle hunting. I would like to be able to take good pictures of critters that are a ways away such as 50-100 yards. Is this possible with a small digital camera and if so, how much optical zoom do I need?

Most of the compact digital camera's have 3X optical zoom capabilities. At 100 yards, you probably won't be able to capture much detail at all. You'll lbe able to make out the animal, but you won't get any sort of close-up. There are a handful of camera's on the market that are half-way affordable with larger optical zoom's. Try to find one with a 10X or 12X, I think you'll be a lot happier with it.

I have been looking at Swarovski and Nikon Fieldscope spotting scopes that have the ability to attach digital cameras. Does anyone have any experience with this and what kind of digital camera should he/she buy now to avoid having to buy a second camera later on?

Top Bottom