Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Foodplot Mixes

Fulldrw

I have been working on getting a spot on my land ready to put in a foodplot this spring and I was talking to the DNR b/c we are going to get them to help with putting in a lot of trees. Anyhow they said that i could get a foodplot mix from them and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these types of mixes that they have? More than likely i will plant half of the plot with their stuff and half with the clover that i'm going to buy. I was just curious about how good of stuff it is that they have b/c i haven't really heard anyone talk about the dnr foodplot mixes, mostly i have heard about imperial, biologic, buckforage, and other brands. Also does anyone know where i can get pel lime at and what the price on it would be roughly? Thanks

You might want to ask them specifically what is in the mix. Many of the name brand products are a premium price, great products but not sure the deer care one way or the other. If it's red, white or ladino clover makes a huge difference, for instance. Are there any legumes at all in the mix and if so are they inoculated? Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples as far as a "food plot mix"

Top Bottom