Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe by pond

203ntyp

PMA Member
I know buck pictures just can't be beat but I thought this doe photo was a good image to share.
948scan0008.jpg

I find it gets just as hard to find a mature doe to get a shot at once the rut kicks in. I wanted to fill a second doe tag & had opportunities at the beginning of November but by the beginning of the second week all I saw were yearlings & small buck. Is it just me or do others have the same problem?

Nice photo 203ntyp. I do find the does mush harder to hunt once the rut is in full swing. I can understand, they are being pushed all the time.

I was lucy to get both of this season doe's on film before harvest.

5Doe_harvest_10_21.jpg

Doe #2, 11/16/04
5Doe_harvest_11_16.jpg

Cool pic's guys. And yes, I too am having problems seeing mature bucks and does. Saw some early in the season, but right now I am not seeing much of anything.
confused.gif

That's a beautiful picture 203!
smile.gif

Hehee, I can just imagine a buck standing there saying, "I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave..."
evil.gif

OK IADroptine, I'll be the first to ask. Can't believe I'm the only one wondering. Those are great pictures, but how the heck do you know the does in the pics are the ones you shot?? Just wondering
confused.gif
confused.gif

NWBuck

I can't be certain but after hunting the same grounds for 30 plus years and having a good idea who is who even before the season starts, each doe has distinguishing characteristics and habits that can be identified. Both locations pictured don't have a great deal of doe activity other than the home does. My doe #3 from last Friday is a doe that I have never layed eyes on before and I do not have her on film. I get hundreds of photos through the season and most all the does are ones that I can identify. It's the larger bucks that I have a problem keeping tabs on!!

Top Bottom