Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Domestic vs. Import

katy

Ballagh
Thinking about investing in a Double Bull blind in the next few months, and wanted to get some opinions about them first. I know there has been talk about them before on here, but now that we have a lot of new people, just wanted to get some more input about them. What's the difference between the imports and the domestic version of the T5?
Thanks

imports are made of a heavier material. don't take that the wrong way, they literally weigh more is all, durability wise i have no idea. the rods in an import are heavier as well. the window coverings in an import all have shoot through mesh in them and each mesh has a covering wtih velcro to hold them in place.

domestic has no shoot through mesh in the window flaps of this blind. it is also a little bit lighter than the import but by only a pound or two i think.

i went with the import due to price, nearly $100 cheaper. the shoot through material in todays blinds is crap. it's much heavier matarial than the old style stuff that was like spider webs almost. if i were to buy another blind i'd still go with the import.

I honestly thought this was about beer when I saw the title.

About the blinds, I used Rudd's blind down in TX on the hog hunt and thought it was just as good as the BS5 I have.....maybe even a better camo pattern in some terrains. If I had it to do over, I would probably go with the import version just because of price

another thing to think about is that the import has a darker black lining than the domestic version. very important in my opinion.

The domestic has the flaps on the bottom edge to help control scent and light from escaping. Not a huge deal but some really like that extra feature. You can also order the Domestic in a Recurve version (about 6" taller), with two roof zipppers, or with lightweight rods (saving about 5 lbs.) Some of these optional features can make a custom blind to exactly fit your needs but do tend to get a little pricy.

One thing to consider is the import is loud when setting up, not terrible but it is alot louder, My buddy has the import and I have a domestic but the black in the import is a plus. I think my next purchase is a T2 in the new green deception.But love my T5 also can't go wrong anyway you go with DBL Bull.

By the title of the post I thought you where talking about brands of beer. I was going to say domestic and say
556MILLER_LITE.jpg

One way to combat the lighter interior of the domestic version is to spray Vinyl/fabric spray paint all over the interior......I used 6 cans and it made a world of difference plus it does not stiffen up the fabric like enamel will.I also decorated mine in the same fasion as vman and onecam by sewing on "Sneaky Leaves" on three sides to help breakup the outline.

The import is a bit on the noisey side, especially when brand new. However it does seem to break in and become quieter. Taking the blind out of the bag is where I noticed most of the noise. I like the import and didn't buy the domestic because of price difference and the import was darker inside. Shredder has a good idea though.

speaking of the noisy bags, i believe that double bull has made new bags that are 1) much larger so they don't rub as much while getting the bag out 2) much more flexible so they're MUCH MUCH quieter 3) A LOT lighter than the origional ones.

the strap ripped off my import bag an they sent me the new bag that they are starting to put out, but i believe blinds come with the newer lighter bags standard now.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like a Import is in the future for me. Now I need to find a quiet, camo pull behind golf cart to put it on.

hit the garage sales, you can make it camo and quiet.

not too sure about you, big fella...you ask if i'll take you after some turkeys this fall, and now you are shopping for tents. I AIN'T SITTING IN NO TENT WITH YOU! sounds like some kind of "love trap" you can sit in the tent, i'll remain at a safe distance and do the calling
(of course i've seen you shoot, so i'm not sure if i can find a "safe distance". maybe i should buy some kevlar before then

Sportsmart has a good wide wheeled pull cart on sale for $14.99. They’re a complete back saver. I bought the domestic and haven't notice any negatives with the lighter interior. I will confess that I did not compare and the BS5 was pretty close to an impulse buy as turkey season approached this spring.

Top Bottom