Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Drop Tines...Down

THEBAD

Saturday Morning 7:30 a.m Iowas next entry in the Archery record book fell. 8 X 6 double drop tines that should gross in the 170s and net pretty good. I will send in pics mid next week when I get them back from being devolped. This guys neck at the smallest part was 32 inches in circumference, Think about compared to the size of jeans you wear.

Anyway had deer around me all morning about 7:30 a.m he skirts the timber Im in at about 120 yards or so, I grab the antlers and he charges in, ( If I was on the ground I would have had to shoot out of self defense) and comes in on the run and sees a couple of little bucks that have been behind me all morning. At 18 yards he trots through a window about the size of a basket ball . I release and watch him run off. The whole deal couldnt have lasted twenty seconds from when I had first seen him.

I think I here him drop but im OD`ing on adrenaline and start second guessing myself . So after sitting there and shaking for about 15 minutes or so with a serious case of buck fever I decide to sneak out and come back in about four hours with my team of white tail experts and see what we find.

We set it up like we were going to drive the timber I had guys setup on each of the escape routes. But no need , he was dead 60 yards from where I had last seen him, and had dropped like originally thought. I think it was the longest four hours of my life, but well worth the wait.

Guys if you havent filled your tags yet . THE RUT IS ON FULL SPEED, the deer are absolutley going nuts and I truly believe in the last three days I have seen five differnt bucks that should go B&C. That normally wouldnt be caught dead ( pun intended) out and about in the daylight hours.

Anyway the pics should be here soon and good luck to all.

Sounds like you had quite a rush.....glad to hear you connected, can't wait to see the photo's.

Congrats, u sound like you really got a handle on the whole hunting scene.

Can't wait to see pics.
beerchug.gif

THEBAD,

Congrats, can't wait to see! E-mail the pics and we'll post.

Cheers!

beerchug.gif

You have to hurry up with these pictures, i've got enough saliva here to fill a pool because im drooling over the title
grin.gif

You're killin us here! Wheres those pics?

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

I just sent the pictures via email ( Tuesday 4:00 p.m.)

On another note I seen a bruiser last night 80 yards off the highway that should out score mine by at least 20 / 25 inches in just mass alone.

The big guys are really rutting hard the last couple of days.

The guys I hunt with are setup for him this afternoon, Ill post tommorrow on how it went.

Top Bottom