Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Draw length

For me, the loop changed my anchor point. I was more comfortable shooting off the string, so I took it off. Just my experience.

You should shoot a shorter draw bow. For example; if you usually shoot a 29" draw and put on a 1/2" long string loop, you now have a bow with a 29 1/2" draw length. Either you change your anchor and everything else or you change the bow's draw to 28 1/2". The later is better, especially since most people are already overdrawing their bows. JMHO

Buckhunter, yes a D-loop will increase your draw length - how much depends on how long your D-loop is. It will also change your anchor point, and b/c of this it will throw your set-up off. I agree with 150class, that if you want to shoot a D-loop, shorten you draw length about 1/2". Its very important to draw consistently to wherever you have established your anchor point. I think the loop takes a lot off human induced torque off the string. If you've never used a d-loop before, I think you'll like it.

Top Bottom