Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Easton Axis Arrows

P

PupChowMN

Being a die hard AFC Fan (when they were in business) i had to give these a whirl this season. Just wondering how many people are using them this year and if anyone is having any problems with them. We have already shot two elk with them and the penetration was awesome. Shot one elk through the shoulder at 40 yards and it went through and busted the opposite shoulder. After shooting the gold tips and carbon expresses i think these arrows are a lot better. Hopefully I will still be saying that at the end of the year!

pupchow, switched over to carbons this year and went with the axis' Have only shot them on the range so far, but I am impressed with the penetration. The arrows are going in the 3d targets and coming out the back side about 4 inches at 20 yards. Can't wait to see them in real action. Good luck with em.
Nug

I am trying them as well. I see slightly better penetration but not a huge difference.....hopefully they are not in the deer long enough to notice.
426axis9-med.jpg

I have been really impressed with Easton's new ST Axis shafts. These arrows are tough as nails! 'Bowhunt America' has been advertising an add that displays an ST Axis that has been shot into a brick, and appears to be seemingly undamaged. All of us at the 'Bluffs' were somewhat skeptic of these claims, so we decided to find out for ourselves. We took one of our axis shafts, and shot it into a cinder-block with a (hoyt plug)Hoyt X-tec at 70 lbs. at 10 yards.

Well I'm pleased to tell you that the claims aren't false, and I believe that that solid proof has been their big selling point this year. They did exceptionally well during the spring turkey season for me, I just can't to see how they perform in the deerwoods!

I have been shooting them and have been please with them as well...

Here is a question for you guys that are shooting them...are you using the UBAR that NAP has available... I want to shoot my jak hammers with them but the collar is too big and I don't know if it is strong enough to not have anything behind it when going through a deer...
shrug[1].gif

I just bought a dozen and am dying to try them out. As soon as my arrow wraps get here from Onecam I'll be set!! I'll let you know how they work out of the old stick and string.

With the H.I.T. the Axis is supposed to be able to handle the impact from the broadhead...of course I have yet to test this theory
grin.gif

Seemed to work just fine for us in CO. I haven't gotten the Crono out yet to see if i am getting more FPS or not...of course shooting a hoyt i am shooting lightning bolts already
grin.gif

Were you shooting expandables? I am not worring about the HIT being able to take the impact I am concerned when the blades of an expandable come back and only have the collar to fold back on and ruin my arrow do to the blades coming through the collar and damaging the arrow? I will find out soon.

Hey Limb? I thought you were shooting the G5 Tekan expandable this year? Did you have a change of heart? and why? Just curious.

Firedog cannot make up his mind what to shoot this year, He is one his 2 arrow and who knows how many diffrent broadheads. Good luck firedog. Milk river here we come!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

We were shooting the Montecs. I am not sure about expandables...guess you better shoot a few deer and find out.

After a lot of thinking and wondering whether or not to shoot the tekan, I realized the reason I shoot expandables is because of the large cutting diameter. The tekan doesn't have that and if i was going to shoot something with a smaller cutting diameter it would probably be the montec 100 or 85. They look really nice and shoot nice but are just missing the cutting diameter that I like. Jak-Hammers and Hammerheads are going to be in my quiver this year.

I have also been shooting Jak Hammers without fail now for three years and they just plain destroy what they hit. 50 yards is as far as any deer has made it after a hit. I just can't see a way to improve on that.
grin.gif

I am with Limb on the Jak Hammers......I used them for 3 years when they first came out and used to just hammer the deer with them. I never had a time when they did not open and the arrow channel was big enough to drive a truck thru. I now shoot the montecs 100gr because the maintenance costs associated with the other heads was tending to be more pricey after the broadheads were shot a little bit.

Went out and shot a doe Friday night with the axis arrows at 25 yards. Seemed to perform well, of course it was a pass through so most arrows do well, the thing i was most dissapointed with was getting such a pretty arrow dirty.

On the article in Bowhunt America I have seen the proof with my own 2 eyes.At Bluffs Archery,Steve teh manager took an Axis 340,shot it with his bow(70lb draw)at 10yds. into a block wall and all it did was mushroom the field point.The shaft had a little splinter because it was shot at a down angle.They did it again straight on with another and the shaft didn't even budge.
They have so much impact and force behind them when they hit.
grin.gif
I now shoot the 340's and love them.

I shot a 340 axis at 20 yds with a 68# bow into a cement block and the shaft splintered with the head driven down into the shaft. At thirty same result, I do like them though.
I believe as long as a broadhead has a collar at the bottom it should be fine, only heard of one going to far back and breaking.

Absolutely love the axis arrows. Two does on Saturday morning proved their capabilities. The only complaint I had was the arrow passed through the deer so fast that it didn't leave any blood on my arrow. LOL That was alright since both does went down 20 yds from where they were shot. I'm shooting the nitron broadhead and it is small, but had incredible cutting power. Not much of a entrance or exit wound, but cuts real well.

BT

Top Bottom