Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD

Wildturkey 2

We got hammered with the EHD here In northern Monroe county lovilia area seem to happen more often now every 4 to 6 years really cuts down on are mature buck population.

What percentage of the herd do you think was killed off?
It would be really hard to put a number on it but it’s the worst I’ve ever seen here in this area my neighbor just talked to him this AM he counted 18 dead in just his fields not counting any other area on his farm timber.grasses,area around ponds or any the other areas.

I’ll be heading to an area that got hammered this year on Wednesday. Buddy said it’s not good but I’m going anyways.
My attitude is the disease can’t kill them all.

I’ll be heading to an area that got hammered this year on Wednesday. Buddy said it’s not good but I’m going anyways.
My attitude is the disease can’t kill them all.
Can’t kill them all but it takes a lot of big fish out of the pond which cut your odds down I’m going out tonight I will take a doe that’s fine with me where you located?

It’ll build resistance.
It SUCKS that’s it’s happening!!!!! If we don’t get a NEW strain- u are very likely on the right end of the bell curve of EHD prevalence & outbreaks. It sucks, won’t be last of it but the level of devastation will likely go down.

It’ll build resistance.
It SUCKS that’s it’s happening!!!!! If we don’t get a NEW strain- u are very likely on the right end of the bell curve of EHD prevalence & outbreaks. It sucks, won’t be last of it but the level of devastation will likely go down.
Hope you’re right

Found 2 dead bucks doing fieldwork today. Never had anything this bad before. Just when we were getting the local population built up some. Really sucks.
Resized_20231106_130959.jpeg
Resized_20231106_132018.jpeg

Found 2 dead bucks doing fieldwork today. Never had anything this bad before. Just when we were getting the local population built up some. Really sucks.View attachment 126238View attachment 126239
Same here worst I’ve ever seen like you said same here cycle here has shortened use to.be about every ten years now it’s every 4 to 6 years so buck just start to get mature and it hit’s probably won’t change until this drought thing goes away

Bad news and good news here in Mid MO...

Bad - My neighbor and I both on 300 acres combined still don't have a buck over 3.5 years old.

Good - On a side note, I've got more 3.5 year olds than I've ever had on our farm.

Going to be doing some walking in our hollow, spring area and pond post season.

Top Bottom