Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Estrous Scents.......

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Well I went out and did it again tonight...... bought another bottle of Mrs. Doe Pee this year to use this upcoming week...... I vowed after last year that I was not going to "pee" my money away anymore.... (no pun intended) I just have never been real impressed with the results I have experienced while using estrous scents. Especially considering the cost of 2 ounces $12.99
cussing.gif

I have an awesome setup in a funnel and have been seeing several bucks this past week..... passed up a 15 yd shot on a respectable 130 class 10pt. (he was a young 2.5 yr old, should be a dandy next year)..... just wondering if anyone has had great results with certain scents or techniques..... I am hoping to use the scent to stop some of the cruisers for possible shot opportunities
wink.gif

whenever ive used scent i either dont see any deer, the deer walk right by like they dont even smell it or the blow and stop 50 yards away i dont like using it but thats just my opinion. good luck

I try to go out as natural as possible, every time I have used those scented dryer sheets that are supposed to be fresh earth and then I spray all that scent eliminator on; i have been smelt everytime, since i started hanging my clothes outside i have not been smelt since
rockband.gif

Cornfed,
You're not alone. I also vowed last year not to use doe piss anymore. So what did I do? I went out and dropped 18 bucks on a bottle of Ms. Doe pee. So far this year it hasn't worked for me, and I've never had any work in the past. The only thing its done for me is "piss" my wife off for keeping it in the refridgerator. Maybe someday I'll learn, but I doubt it.
CRITRGITR

I have tried about every kind of estrus scent you can buy. I haven't had any luck with the doe scents. I used to leave scent trails with drags, walk a circle around my stand, the whole nine yards.

I did have some luck with Myles Keller Buck tarsal gel, I put it on a decoy that had antlers.

This year I bought a bottle of stuff called "Bowhunter's Setup" "Scrape Juice". Actually I am on my second bottle.

I can honestly say that for the first time I have had deer (bucks and does) follow my scent trail, they don't always follow it clear up to my stand, but they follow it alittle ways. In the past I have had deer hit my drag trail and run the other way.

The instructions say to spray on brush as you are walking in and to spray it occasionally while in your stand. I do that too and have seen alot of deer this year. I would say the deer I'm seeing are the ones I would have always seen if I had not messed with the other funky scents. This stuff has no negative effects that I have seen.

Prior to finding the scrape juice I would typically see more deer if I just used scent eliminator stuff on my clothes and boots.

I tried a bottle of Wildlife Research Institutes gold label doe in rut lure. Supposedly their best stuff. I've run drag lines through woods and open fields past my stands and watched buck after buck ignore the scent trail. I must say, however, that it has worked on bringing button bucks to my stand!

Of all the scents i've used over the years,i like tinks 69 liquid,not the gel.The gel doesn't give off enough odor like the liquid.I always put it in film canisters with cotton balls.I have had quite a few bucks walk up and sniff the canister.

Top Bottom