Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fall bugs

N

Nontypicalhunter

With all the new crap about West Nile Virus is anyone doing anything different this year to ward off skeeters? Or are you going to wait for a good hard freeze before going out?
The only thing I'll be doing different is buying a bug suit from Cabelas. I'm thinking of going with the bug suit in a bag, anyone have one of these and are they any good? I used to do the no scent thing, which worked fairly well, but this year I thought I'd try both. I'm really not worried about the West Nile thing, Kinda like CWD. If I'm careful and pay attention to the details I'll be safe.
I still think the "experts" are blowing a lot of this way out of proportion.

West Nile, from what I've read, is more risky for the elderly. It apparently can infect younger people, who tend to get over it and then develop immunity to it. That leads me to believe in a few years that there will be a vaccine. Its not as if its killing huge numbers of people. The media is just whipping it into something bigger than it is. I think there's more danger from the harm we're doing to ourselves and the environment by spraying whole communities. Who knows what kind of cancer-causing agents of birth-defect causing chemicals are in that insecticide?

West Nile, Lyme's desease, you all stay home and leave me the map to your huntin' area.

I am not gonna do anything different.The odds of getting this are so small that its like winning the lottery.Theres just been a handfull of deaths in the US and like was mentioned earlier it mainly affects elderly poeople.Besides I dont think if a mosquito wants to bite you theres much you can do about it.

There is a higher risk of being struck by lightning than getting West Nile Virus........now watch me get it after saying that!
shocked.gif

More people will die from influenza than from West Nile virus. The elderly and those with weak immune systems are most suseptible. More people are likely to get killed falling out of treestands than from West Nile virus. The media is doing a real good job trying to scare the hell out of everyone.

New to iowawhitetail but thought I'd weigh in on this one. Nontypical, I think West Nile has hit Kingsley but not Pierson, so I'm not concerned...
I agree with John V, I'm betting more people will die from being shot or falling out of treestands...
Having said that I'm going to go lay down, I feel high fever,vomiting,and muscle aches coming on...

Trust me, I'm not going to let this keep me out of the stand. Actually I just went out last night and put one of mine up. I just think it's kinda funny how the media has blown this so far out of proportion. The only precausions I've taken is to get the horses vaccinated, last year! I've got a good vet, he can see into the future...

Still wondering what kind of bug suits people use if any. I still can't decide if I want to get one or not.

Top Bottom