Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FAVORITE DEER HUNTING MAGAZINES

M350

PMA Member
I SPEND A LOT OF FREE TIME JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU, READING THOSE ARTICLE WRITTEN BY OUTDOOR WRITERS, AND HAVE EVEN HAD THE TIME TO GUIDE A FEW OF EM TO THE WHITETAIL AND TURKEY WOODS. I AM WONDERING WHAT MAGAZINES YOU SUBSCRIBE TO. I HAVE NOTICED A RECENT PUSH TOWARDS OUTDOOR LIFE AND AM AMAZED OF NO REFERAL TO NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAL. THIS IS THE ONLY DEER MAG. I LET MYSELF PAY FOR AND ACTUALLY LOOK FOREWARD TO GETTING IN THE MAIL..... IF I WERE AN ADVERTISER , WHERE WOULD YOU BE LOOKING THANKS M 350 OUT

My money goes to north american whitetail also. It is hands down the most informative and most up to date mag. in my opinion. the only thing is they don't publish enough of them.

I'd agree with North American Whitetail being at the top of my list, but the only problem is I read the darn thing cover to cover on the first day I get it. In the past few years I've also really enjoyed "Bowhunter". M.R. James knew what he was doing and what bowhunter's want in a publication. "Petersen's Hunting" rounds out my list, a good all around magazine.
Bruce Wohlers

North American Whitetail. I hear ya iowabruce they need to make the darn thing about 100 pages longer. Love the personal stories.

I vote for BIG BUCK magazine. They don't get into all the ridiculous stories of lunar phases, stages of the rut, etc. It is filled with pics of BIG BUCKS only.

My favorite magazines are NA Whitetail, Big Buck Magazine, Rack Magazine, Deer and Deer Hunting, Outdoorlife, Field and Stream and Buckmasters Magazine.

And if I were an advertiser I would never pay $1000 for a one time ad that will only be glanced at once. I would write a check to iowawhitetail.com and become a sponsor of this site and interact with you guys to figure out what they were doing right or wrong!
smile.gif

Just me,

TLH

Big Buck magazine is hands down the best magazine around if you are looking for a new proven place to deer hunt, and love to look at monster deer. Big Game Adventure is also a very good magazine if you are looking for a new adventure out of state, however as far as techniques and tips, North American Whitetail leads the way!

Deer & Deer Hunting and Bowhunter for me, havn't ever tried North American Whitetail, maybe I should look into it.

Peterson's bowhunting and North American Whitetail are the two that I buy every month.Bowhunting is my mainstay and there is no better mag then peterson's bowhunter for me.If you never have looked at this one check it out sometime I bet you would enjoy it!

My preference is 1. North American Whitetail, 2. Bowhunter Magazine, 3. Muzzleloader Magazine, and 4. American Hunter. I use to like Peterson hunting Magazine,however, they seem to have strayed from the hunting asept these last few years, to many articles on ATV's, pickup trucks, etc. Hope they get back on track.

Why do you throw good money after bad buying them magazines? It's nothing but advertisements and re-written fact stories from years previous!! I'd rather spend my money and time in the woods. I'm in the wrong business!!!

North American Whitetail get's my #1 vote. I like some of the stories in Bowhunter but there are way too many adds for my taste in it. I realise they pay the bills but the new issue I got yesterday must of had over a dozen lap flaps alone. The first thing I do with any mag before reading them is to tear those flaps out! They are nothing but in the way.

I have gotten Deer and Deer Hunting magazine for a number of years now and find it to be the best magazine for scientific studies and facts about the whitetailed deer. They have some of the best hunting and biology articles out there. If I just want to see big antlers, I flip through North American Whitetail. Both magazines are different, but are excellant in their own way. Good luck and good hunting!
-GunnerJon

North American Whitetail is #1. I like Iowa Game and Fish because it is all local. I also read deer and deer hunting at the local Barns and Noble. They have some good articles too.

Hard to argue with NA Whitetail. I enjoy it a lot, even though some of it seems a little foolish at times, and sometimes a lot like a rewrite of an old theme. I actually have been reading it since the very first issue, 1982 I think. Hard to believe it's 20 years now. I wrote about a dozen articles for NA Whitetail back in the early 1990's before I got to swamped with editing other magazines.

I like Big Buck too. Heck I'll read just about anything on Whitetails.

I am a big fan of Big Buck, N. A. Whitetail, and one I recently started subscribing to was The Whitetail Fanatic Magazine. It is published in Iowa and has a lot of great stories. Here is the web site if you would like to check it out. www.whitetailfanatic.com

Top Bottom