Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Feather Question?

Jethro

I am going to be refletching my aluminums and want to switch to a shield cut feather instead of parabolic cut. My question is will changing to this style of feather cause my arrow flight to change? If it does i probably won't switch. Everything is set right were it needs to be, but i kind of like the looks of the sheild cut. Has anyone ever switched styles of feathers and noticed a difference in arrow flight?
Thanks

As long as you keep your shield feathers the same length as the parabolic you're replacing you shouldn't have any problems. It's really just a cosmetic change. I like the shield cut feathers myself, I switched quite a few years ago.

What's a parabolic?
893footinmouth-thumb[1].gif

I don't measure archery with a micrometer, so I have been known to have both in the quiver at the same time. I do not notice any difference, but I shoot bad all the time.
grin.gif

Do not be afraid to try anything. Experience it for yourself. That is archery.
waytogo.gif

Jethro, I see you live in boone county. Is there anywhere around ames or boone to buy feathers to fletch your own arrows because I need some for my girlfriend.

Bowhunt, yes i am in Boone Co. but closer than you think. As fas as feathers the only place that i can think of that might have them would be Ames Outdoor. But i'm not sure they handle them. Do you fletch your own? If not i have all the stuff we can get some built in a night over daddy pops
beerchug.gif
and possibly talking about whitetails.
jester.gif
Send me a pm.

Top Bottom