Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fertilizer Questions

Looking for advice on the best utilization of fertilizer I bought. I bought 400 lbs of 6-24-24 and 100lbs of 46-0-0 for my new food plots. I'll be planting one acre of clover (it's own plot) and one acre of cereal grains in late August. Should I apply most of the 6-24-24 on the clover field or use half on each plot? I don't want to put down 6-24-24 on my cereal grain plots if they don't really need it. The 46-0-0 was purchased as a top dress for the cereal grains. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steveolson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for advice on the best utilization of fertilizer I bought. I bought 400 lbs of 6-24-24 and 100lbs of 46-0-0 for my new food plots. I'll be planting one acre of clover (it's own plot) and one acre of cereal grains in late August. Should I apply most of the 6-24-24 on the clover field or use half on each plot? I don't want to put down 6-24-24 on my cereal grain plots if they don't really need it. The 46-0-0 was purchased as a top dress for the cereal grains. Thanks </div></div>

I have never put a pound of fertilizer on my cereal grains... ever (not becuase it wouldn't help but because I'm cheap! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ) and they always do just fine!

That being said...use the 6-24-24 on your clover and the 46-0-0 on your cereal grains.

They'll both do great! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I would disc urea in, as it readily volatilizes and then it is lost. Either that or spread it right before a rain to wash it in.

Top Bottom