Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fertilizer?

ironwood

I have been PMing dbltree with questions about all my inputs for the fall plot mix he is going with and posted earlier under "Brassica". The one thing I did not question him about was fertilizer. I intend to no till drill into a poor stand of soy beans with the fall mix. I really didn't plan on any fertilizer until the question was raised by OneCam. If I really should or need to fertilize should it be a broad cast granular or something else?

By the way Welter Seed and Honey Company sure where easy to work with.

Brassicas love nitrogen so ideally I would work in some urea 46-0-0,(like 100-200#'s per acre) however if your no-tilling or overseeding, urea is iffy. It needs a good 1/2 rain within 24-48 hours and I don't need to tell you how that's been working out...
smirk.gif

You can get by without any of course but if your beans aren't flourshing then the soil may be lacking.

Basically that leaves you...between a rock and a hard place!
grin.gif

I have been working on some foliar nitrogen that is perfect for foodplots. Spray it right on the growing plant (you do have a sprayer...right?
grin.gif
)
Right now the best I have come up with is $18 bucks a gallon in 5 gallon lots, plus shipping. One to three gallons per acre and I don't need 5 gallons...."food" for thought....

Top Bottom