Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally made it out!

dtk913

Well, I finally made it out yesterday. Nothing to report though. It wasn't a bad evening to sit, but the weather conditions did change my plans. The wind was blowing about 20-25 mph and gusting over 30 mph, so instead of sitting in an oak flat on a ridge top I settled for a riverbottom funnel area that the wind was perfect for. Didn't work out this time, but it is a good spot and one I will be revisiting.

I am heading to the oak flat stand we call "Boones" this morning. The wind has settled and it should be a good morning.

On a side note, yesterday my brother-in-law amd I set up a willow tree we had cut down in the middle of one of our unpicked bean plots. I have seen trail cam pics of bucks racking these setups, so I decided to give it a try. If any of you guys have ever done this I would love to hear how it worked and any pointers you have. I will get a picture of the setup this morning and post it.

GOOD LUCK to everyone else!!

There's a big thread all about it with lots of pics call "mock scrapes/ rub trees". Not sure if that's the exact wording, but member '6x6' introduced it to us and it is a pretty neat thread to follow along

Top Bottom