Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally

I

iowabuck

Well I decided to post this because I can't sleep. My dad and I decided to go out late yesterday afternoon with his bow. With around 1 1/2 hours of waiting a group of three toms come into the field. I had to wake my dad up because he had fallen asleep in the blind. Once they saw the hen decoy they started to strut. With alittle soft purrs from the slate call they committed to the set up. It was very neat because all three of them were strutting and it was like they were racing to get to the decoy first. My dad made a 25 yd. shot on it and it flew about 100 yds. It wasn't the best shot because it missed all of the legs and wings but appeared to angle into the vitals. It weighed 18 lbs. and it had a 9 7/8" with 3/4" spurs. If you can't tell I'm very excited as this is our second turkey, the last one we got was our first year with a shotgun. And this was with a bow.
busted.gif

Thanks Guys
laugh.gif
Today we took it to the taxidermist. What was originally going to be a simple mount turned into a full body mount. I guess he is excited about it. Mom is going to flip when she hears the news
bigshock.gif

Top Bottom