Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fire Pistons

Shovelbuck

One of the fun things about traditional muzzleloading is the cool stuff that goes along with it. But the art of making fire can also be a life saver whether using old or new methods. I generally use a flint and steel fire kit I carry in an old tobacco tin. Rope makes great fire starting tinder and the tin holds a good supply.
100_2730.JPG

But these fire pistons have sparked my interest...pun intended.
Cnv0414_op_800x508.jpg

Fire Piston Info

Have any of you ever seen these in use or used one? I've seen plenty of videos but was hoping for some first hand experience.
Also wondering, with all the great wood workers/artists we have on this site, anybody want to try making one?

pawlinebrown.gif

gun&bag.gif

I confess, I have never even heard of a “Fire Piston”. I use the old flint and steel.

Interesting concept, how many of you want to try to make a few of them? Corey….your pretty handy with a lath! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pawlinebrown.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

feathers3.jpg

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

pawlinebrown.gif

gun&bag.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any of our woodworkers here that want to attempt one of these? </div></div>

How about it Mr. Gersdorf? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You do a great job turning turkey calls, the one you made for me is without a doubt the best slate call I have ever used. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

pawlinebrown.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

feathers3.jpg

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

Yes, it's a very important thing to have in your pocket when your matches got soggy and you have to make a bonfire. I will buy this thing for sure.

Top Bottom