Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FIRST BOW BUCK

alaskanwhtail

This story was told by jripperger83.

A buddy, we'll call him J. Heres the story.

J and I were hunting a spot where we had hunted quite a bit this year and had been seeing quite a few big deer. We had got into our stands sort of late around 6 or so and it started getting light around quarter after, any way, we got in our seperate stands about 1/2 mile apart and the wind was perfect for both of us. About 10 minutes after shootin time I get a call and its himextatic yellin BIG BUCK DOWN!!! BIG BUCK DOWN!!!haha. Well at first I thought he was just messing around because we had kind of went back and forth saying that we had shot big deer so at first I didn't believe him, but none the less he wasn't messing with me this time. So I packed up and went to help. When I was walking to his stand I popped over the top of the ravine and there he was. He didn't make it far. The worst part about it was that we had to drag him back out of the big ravine and never the less he wasnt light haha. So in a couple of months he'llbe hanging 0on "J" wall. This was "J's" first buck with the bow so thats a good one to start. Rough score was 150-155 or so.
2781100_0007_3.jpg

Congrats on a beutiful buck and for your first one with the bow, it sounds like you guys had a very exciting morning none the less, though I can't understand why it would be the worst part of the hunt dragging him out of a steep ravine. I know you'd do it 20 times over for a buck like that. Again congratulations.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

Another huge buck for a first harvest! Congrats! GEt a good taxidermist, you will be looking at him for years to come.

Top Bottom