Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FIRST DEER-BUCK

B

bowhuntinfool

Friday night october 11 i shot a 5 point buck at 10 yards with my hoyt intruder. I then found the buck dead 2 rows into the cornfield the next morning ( saturday ) the 12th. It was a 5 pointer with a lil mass, but not much! I made a complete pass thru but I gut shotted it i dont know how i did that i was thinking about passing it up just because i didn't think i could make the shot, but i did it!

This sucks no more hunting till Dec. 7 SHOTGUN 1

bowhuntinfool,

We know what your saying about not able to go back out hunting for awhile but you did get your buck and in respect for the animal "all whitetails are trophies."

Passing on decent bucks is very hard to do, so is field judging with just a glance. Experience comes over time and even at that seasoned pro's get buckfever, completely miss, and misjudge the size of a buck.

Congrats on your harvest, no matter what you should be proud!

Good Luck in December!

PS, send a pic!

i'll try to send the pics but i'm not sure how to put them on here, i'll figure it out.
Thanks

anyone know any good taxidermists around waterloo iowa?????? i need to get this bad boy mounted!

Congratulations. Try Conrad Taxidermy in Evansdale. He did a buck for me in 99 and a friend's buck in 00 or 01. He was somewhere around $300 then-they look great. 319-233-3048

Congratulations!

Bowhunting is not a perfect plan. If it was, there would be no challenge. You followed up well and it paid off.

Quite often some the big ones taken are not perfect hits.

If you learn from every experience and apply what you learn, then it is good.

i tried conrad taxidermy last night but he said 275 but hees not taking any mounts because he is full i guess but i'm gona try darin brincks tonight thanks alot and if u find anymore, please let me know!!

Darin Brincks in Washburn does an excellent job too. You may want to give him a call.
(319) 296-1059

He has done a lot of work for me and friends of mine. He will treat you right.

hey if ur looking for a taxidermist u should call my uncle george waters he does a spurb job he has done all of my familys mounts he does an excellant job

Darin Brincks does a great job. Im partial, because he 's a great friend of mine,
plus I've been on hunting trips with him to Alaska and Colorado.

Top Bottom