Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Flathead fishing 2013! 55 pounder

Shawn Rue

Finally started running my banklines last week and have done pretty darn well! This is the first one I caught weighed right around 10 lbs. I've been using medium sized bluegils for bait and they have absolutely been hammering them!

picture.php

This is the biggest fish so far for the year. A 55 lb male. He got my adrenaline rolling when I walked up to my bankpole and saw it bent so far the tip was almost touching the water.

picture.php

picture.php

Another pic that i thought was kind of cool with the mighty Mississippi River in the background. Were going to be eating good here in Missouri for awhile! Good luck to anyone out doing some catfishing or any kind of fishing!

picture.php

Those are some amazing fish! I'm not a high-water fisherman so it's been carp stick'n for me this spring.

I miss catfishing back there! I've only ever caught one flathead that was stocked into a farm pond and one small one on the Des Moines River. Both were great eating. Getting a BIG one is up there close to the top of my bucket list!

Great fish buckmaster and wapsi! Hopefully I can catch some more big ones when the Mississippi stops flooding!

Top Bottom