Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FOAM MARKER FOR ATV SPRAYER

Does anyone have any experience with the salvaranni or similar foam marker systems for the spray boom of an atv? I currently use a 60 gallon unit in my mule with a 12ft boom which works great except that my spray acreage keeps increasing and i am losing track of where i have been and getting "missed spots".I have tried spray dye as well as following tire tracks but,both are difficult to see in some conditions.Any thoughts or suggestions?

Well this comes from people who do aerial spraying and all they use is toilet paper as their markers. They use little weights on the end of about 6' strip or longer. Obviously this stuff dissolves so works great as a marker. Try just dropping that out beside you as you are going along in your mule. Just a suggestion, I have never used it because I have no food plots but did see it when the guy flies over my buddies house to spray his bean field.

One thing I tried with my Rhino and boom sprayer was a front mounted guide. I took a piece of 1/2" steel rod and hooked it to the brush guard so it extended to the edge of my spray pattern and then twiseted an orange marker flag around the end so it almost touched the ground. That worked well for doing the driveway. I was spraying the field as happy as a hog in deep mud until I realized I was double spraying everything. I only had the guide out the left, driverside, so when I made my next lap around the feild I put the maker on the tire track from the last round. I forgot about the right hand boom. So by putting my marker on the tire track I was double spraying everything. It took about two rounds to figure out what I was doing. Then I put the marker what I hoped was 1/2 the distance beteween the old trakcs and my new path. Worked pretty well.

I also thought about doubling the lenghth of my marker so I could just leave it in the old tracks but it would have been too "bouncy". I didn't want to take the time to build a, for lack of better term, "truss" to support the end. I was gonna put a three foot or so piece of steel straingt up from the Rhino end of the marker and weld another 1/2" round to the far end to make a triagle. That may have cured the bounce but I think it would have swayed too much.

Anyway, it helped me. Hope this is clear enough to understand.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom