Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

??? for Lone Wolf Users...

Shoot2Kill

First off...I love my new Lone Wolf...damn what a nice set up. Here's my question. I have 4 sets of climbing sticks that I stick together on the back of the stand secured by the strap with the easy hang hook which works great. How do you guys carry in your backpack, fanny pack, etc. with the sticks secured to your stand? I've been trying different ways to carry it all in, and haven't come up with a good solution yet. I've got a fanny pack that I really like. I've tried to stay away from a backpack simply because the more space I have, the more crap I take with me.
grin.gif
I can't wear it around my lower back when packing in the stand....it kind of fits on my side....and it makes the stand all lop sided if I hang it on the climbing stick steps for my hike in. I've tried carrying it, but then it's one more thing to rub against the weeds and spread scent and make noise. What do you guys do???? Maybe the backpack strapped over the sticks??? Thanks!

I wear my fanny pack the same way.. i just spin it so its right on my belly instead of my lower back ..

What I do is put my stand on my back and put my backpack on regulary over the stand. With the sticks I take 2 safety belt straps and strap them to each end and bring them up to look like a duffle bag strap. That way I got my stand,backpack on my back, and the sticks I sling over my shoulders, works nice and is quiet. If I were to strap the sticks to the back I would attach them to the back of my backpack, but it is easier for me to do it the other way.
smile.gif

Ryan,
Here is mine packed and ready to go in the Badlands 2200. If you have a fanny pack you can sling the shoulder straps over the stand and use the stand straps to carry it... either buy the lone wolf padded or you can use pipe insulation over the ones that come with them.

26LW1.JPG

Here is another option. Kifaru Frieght Hauler.

26KifaruFrieghtHauler1.jpg

26KifaruFrieghtHauler2.jpg

I think i saw a pic of somebody using one of the cabelas bow/gun carrying backpacks to go around the stand and sticks too....that is what i plan to do with my stand and sticks when i get the backpack.

I pack the stand in a few times with the Cabelas Gun/Bow pack but that became a pretty heavy load real fast. I have been happier with the fanny pack on my belly and the LW with stick on my back. I have a strap on top of my Badlands fanny that will hold cold weather clothing roled tight. I like the look of Limbs sticks flat against the stand platform. I intend to try that on one stand with out the Vbracket.

Limb...thanks for the visual. Do you not use the bat wing? I've tried that set-up but with the bat wing it doesn't work. Maybe I'll take it off and give it a go. I really like the lower profile you have than if you strap the sticks on so they are sticking out...it just gets caught on too many lower branches. I've got a pack frame that it fits onto nicely but then it's one more thing to carry in, but I'm sure it makes the load much easier to handle. I'm all about going in as light as possible...too many hike in hunts in AK will do that to a guy.
smile.gif

What I've done with my extra clothes (not that I've needed them with the high temps lately!) is bungee them up, stick them inbetween the strap with the hook on it that is holding the sticks onto the stand below the versa button. It seems to work well, but weighs down that side just a tad.

Limb, how do you like the foot rests? Thanks again.

Top Bottom