Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Game feeders

Let's stop all baiting during the hunting season
Baiting IS illegal during the season. Does poaching end on January 10th and start September 1? Do poachers adhere to season dates? If I were a poacher I'd start before and after the season. Less ears and eyes on you. You're the OP asking about feeders...do we need to run a background check on you? Feeders don't poach deer, poachers poach deer. Damn did I really type that? Nothing torques me off more than giving up freedoms, no matter how small they are because of a few bad apples.

Feeding is already legal during season if you're not hunting the property...why wouldn't you doubt that they would reverse that? Whether anyone wants to admit it, food plotting is a form of baiting, not as pointed but baiting for sure! I get what everyone is saying and in the perfect world i'd say I'm with you. It's not a perfect nor fair world and if you like your food plots without a bunch of regulations and grey areas, I wouldn't be hopping on that bandwagon...you may get what you're supporting.
Calling food plotting baiting is a giant mischaracterization in my opinion for a lot of reasons.

example: a lush clover plot is the first thing to green up in the spring (Some are actually green now with this warm up!). It helps overall herd health a great bit. Does are healthier and have healthier fawns with more vigor. This is one of dozens of things one can point to on how food plot promote overall herd health.

Last edited:
Baiting IS illegal during the season. Does poaching end on January 10th and start September 1? Do poachers adhere to season dates? If I were a poacher I'd start before and after the season. Less ears and eyes on you. You're the OP asking about feeders...do we need to run a background check on you? Feeders don't poach deer, poachers poach deer. Damn did I really type that? Nothing torques me off more than giving up freedoms, no matter how small they are because of a few bad apples.
You sound a little off. Your post ramble and don't make sense. Drunk?

Calling food plotting baiting is a giant mischaracterization in my opinion for a lot of reasons.

example: a lush clover plot is the first thing to green up in the spring (Some are actually green now with this warm up!). It helps overall herd health a great bit. Does are healthier and have healthier fawns with more vigor. This is one of dozens of things one can point to on how food plot promote overall herd health.
I AGREE 100%. I agree with food plotting, I agree with grain plots and hunting on and around them. Totally agree with feeding WHENEVER you want. It's for the deer. As long as you are done hunting that property for the season. That is where we differ. It's against the law to poach and it's against the law to bait(meaning hunt over corn or anything else during the season). What more do you need as far as laws go to catch a poacher. You don't need more laws, you need more boots on the ground and more communication to the DNR. On my side of the fence, if i'm done hunting for the year, it should be my right to feed what ever comes to my feeder. If you're on your side of the fence, you can unfence your virgin corn plot and kill anything you want. I'm ok with all of that. It's when people are very willing to give up a freedom for a feel good law that will change very little as far as poaching or drawing in deer is when it leaves me scratching my head. Last post on this one but will answer any questions about my thoughts. Now, back to my bottle(of Dew) tall@wide! GO PURDY!!

Top Bottom