Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Garrison/DNR's Law Enforcement Bureau

blake

Life Member
NEWS:

From the Iowa DNR:

Garrison Tabbed to Head DNR's Law Enforcement Bureau

garrison.jpg

DES MOINES - An avid outdoorsman by choice and a law enforcement professional by trade, Robert O. Garrison has been named as the new chief of the law enforcement bureau for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
Garrison, who served as chief of the Iowa State Patrol for eight years, has most recently served as chief of security for the Iowa Department of Corrections. He succeeds Randy Edwards who retired as chief in November after nearly 35 years with the DNR.

"We are extremely pleased to have an individual of Mr. Garrison's extensive leadership experience join the DNR," said DNR Director Richard Leopold.
As chief, Garrison will lead a bureau of 97 employees including 91 sworn peace officers. He will start his new position during the second week of March.
"I am honored by this appointment as the Chief of Law Enforcement with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources," said Garrison.

"The officers of the DNR have the extremely complex job of balancing public recreation with the conservation of Iowa's natural resources. Their responsibilities are very challenging and require a diverse knowledge of law enforcement, public relations and conservation techniques. I will do my best to represent the organization with the level of respect and trust that they have garnered from the citizens that they serve," Garrison added. A native of Emmetsburg, Garrison joined the Iowa State Patrol in 1975. After serving the Patrol in a variety of positions, he was named chief in October of 1999. Garrison has extensive leadership and training experience through his time with the Patrol as well as BS and MS degrees in nursing from Drake University.

Top Bottom