Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glasses vs. Contacts

katy

Ballagh
I have been visionally challenged for the past 23 years. Wearing glasses since kindergarden. Finally broken down and got some contacts tonight. Why I did'nt do this 10 years ago who knows. Anyway, i have not got to shoot with them in yet, anyone have any ideas/suggestions on which is better to hunt and shoot with. Just curious.

you may want to consider that laser surgery. my dad just had that done and he has 20/20 for the first time in 30 years. i'm worried now that he's gunna start whoopin my butt again with the bow.
smile.gif

SuperTec, I recently found the need to wear my glasses on a more regular basis. Amazing! I haven't had a migraine since! My biggest concern was if I could wear them and shoot. The owner of Archery Quest here in town wears them and he suggested I change my anchor point when I wear them and all is well.

About the contacts, I've been trying to wear them with little success shooting or otherwise. I can't get them to stay clear long enough to get the shot off because they dry out. It may be that I need to get used to them on a daily basis. I think for shooting they would be the way to go if they don't bother you. I would certainly prefer shooting with them over glasses any day.

Muddy - I would love to have the Lazer surgery, just two things though. I would be the 1/1000 of a % that would go in there for it and end up bling as a bat, two I think the wife and kids would like to eat for the next year or so.
hahaha
someday
Rack - i cant wear them at work, so it's going to be kind of a at night sometimes, weekend thing. Hope it works.

I tried to wear them hunting and all I could think about was how nice it would be to just have my glass's on.I also had the same problem as Rack,they dried out so bad I could not see.I tried them about 2 or 3 times and went back to my glass's.

Supertec, I wear both glasses and contacts. Have been wearing contacts for several years and love them. However, they do dry out sometimes but that has alot to do with how old the contacts are. During bow season I wear my contacts because I dont shoot as well with my glasses on. They are usually fallen off my nose and I cant see all my pins and that is frustrating. The only times that I will hunt with my glasses are during gun season(if my contacts are irritating my eyes) or if I have a eye infection. Also I was told what ever you are wearing when you sight your bow in is what you need to wear while hunting or shooting 3-D. I do see a difference though when I shoot with my glasses vs. my contacts. Again I am a veteran contact user so I will always wear my contacts over glasses. They make re-wetting drops to put in your eyes when they dry out. I'm with Muddy, if the funds are ever available I will be having the laser surgery done.

There are many options today in contact lenses. I recently switched to a new brand that produce a night and day contact that is approved up to 30 days of continouos use. I can wear them very comfortably for a week. Take them out at night once they start to become irratating and they are good to go for another week. It will take your eyes awhile to adjust to the contacts and you will probably not like them initially. Be patient and by the time hunting season rolls around you will love not having to rely on your glasses.
grin.gif

thanks for the input guys, so far i like them, but after 5 days i already tore one
crazy.gif

Top Bottom