Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gold Tip Arrows

P

PAHunter

A word of caution to anyone purchasing new Gold Tip arrows.Nothing wrong with the quality,still a great shaft,but they changed the weight on some of their shafts.I shot the camo XT5575 last year which weighed 8.5 gr. per inch,and purchased six more this year to fletch up for hunting.The dealer said they changed the camo pattern,which wasn't a big deal aslong as it was the same shaft, I was ok with it, he said they were.After checking their website,I find that the same arrow this year now weighs 8.0 gr. per inch compared to my others at 8.5.So now I got my old arrows for target and practice, weighing approx.14 gr. heavier then my new ones for hunting after you figure the total length in.And as high as 16 gr. difference with the shaft +/- 2gr. variance,not good,atleast I don't like it.I like to keep all my practice and hunting shafts identical.I did contact Gold Tip and they stated they changed their process on making the shaft,which did change them some,but for the better.So just a word of caution to anyone mixing old shafts with the newer ones,they could weigh alittle different.It would of been nice if the dealer would of told me before hand.Now I got to purchase another 6,just to have 12 arrows the same.These graphite shafts aren't cheap,and if they continue to change them,I'll look into another brand.

yeah, GoldTip is starting to expand quite a bit. no more "one straight arrow" philosophy anymore. if a person is straight up hunting and just plinking in the back yard i wouldn't get too bent out of shape. if you're a target shooter most people will ask about the grains per sq inch.

i love my GoldTips!
waytogo.gif

Gold tip arrows are becoming more and more expensive. Be sure you check into the specific weights. PAHunter - I shoot a 29 inch arrow, that's nearly 15 grains difference. Thanks for the heads up!

I know what you mean muddy,I know guys who must have all arrows within .5gr. of one another.I don't get that critical,and don't mind alittle difference.But I believe 15 grains or so difference between arrows,that I might put a fieldpoint or broadhead on ,is just alittle too much.Being I really strive to have my fielpoints and broadheads hitting the same , even at longer distances,just for confidence.Plus I don't like moving my pins for broadheads,just my opinion

Top Bottom