Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Golden Walleye

SaskGuy

There are enough quality walleye waters right on our doorstep that the boys and I have abandoned the pike search on occassion to bring home some fillets. Father's Day saw strong winds so instead of launching the boat we hit the river a couple miles from the house and pulled some little guys out.
wall2.jpg

wall4.jpg

High winds have kept us off our main lake most days but we got some last weekend.
wall5.jpg

So far old dad is leading the big fish challenge. The boys have 5 to 1 odds so they won't go broke if I up the anty with a better one than this 28"er.
wall1.jpg

wal.jpg

Truthfully, I hope by the end of the summer I am the one owing both of them 5 bucks.:drink2:

Not much can compare to Canada fishing.... I love it up there!

Beautiful fish on all accounts! Keep after em! :way:

That is awesome! I miss fishing Canada and can't wait to plan a family trip up there now that my son is getting old enough. Can we hire you as a guide? :D

Your boys are going to be quite the outdoorsmen when they grow up. That is very cool that you spend the time to teach them and mentor them :way:

That last eye is a stud! Congrats on the great fish and the better dinner that you probably had :grin:

I gotta echo what TH and dedgeez said... you can't beat fishin' in Canada and you're boys are going to know their way around a lake and the woods as good as anyone when they grow up! Great photos Kaare!

Truthfully, I hope by the end of the summer I am the one owing both of them 5 bucks.

sounds like good parent to me! Always like your posts Kaare...especially the ones about the wall-e-gators:grin:

Where's the "jealous" icon? :D Great photos, but better times with the youngun's! :way:

That picture with the big cloud behind you is especially impressive.

Very nice....got my boys out for the first time this summer. Only the bluegill they caught was only about 6 inches! Thanks for sharing...it's a great encouragement.

Wow your boys have it made ! Great pics must still be pretty cool with the jackets. talking 100 here in Iowa tomorrow arggggggggg.

Good to see the fishing section getting some notice, I've been doing it alot. Pounded the big jumbo perch the past 2 nights with the kids.
That picture with the big cloud behind you is especially impressive.
The big cloud chased us to shore a few minutes after that picture. The lake isn't real big, maybe 40 square miles but the wall of hail it brought had us hunkered in the forest for about 1/2 hr.

must still be pretty cool with the jackets
We were wearing the jackets as we had some rain off and on all morning. Yesterday was mid 80's, about avg. for here this time of yr. We're wearing raincoats almost daily, it's extremely wet. Unfortunately lots of water will end up in the Dakotas and possibly down into your country. Lots of SK is flooded out right now too.

Congrats on the great fish and the better dinner that you probably had
We've been eating fish 2-3 times a week, almost have to with the skyrocketting food prices. Boneless pike in the smoker,...mmmm good.

Good to see the fishing section getting some notice, I've been doing it alot. Pounded the big jumbo perch the past 2 nights with the kids.

Don't be shy to post pics of the perch, Thomas won't give you too hard of a time about them being muskie bait! Jumbo perch fishing brings back tons of memories of fishing growing up!

Don't be shy to post pics of the perch, Thomas won't give you too hard of a time about them being muskie bait! Jumbo perch fishing brings back tons of memories of fishing growing up!

As a guy who chucks big bucktails and cranks for huge pike.......I know. I too grew up fishing perch almost daily in the summer at the family cottage down south where I grew up, it contributed immensely to my fishing addiction as well as honing skills. When I look at my kids with a look in their eyes while sight fishing for the larger humpback perch that is like mine from 25-30 yrs ago it is almost scary, but there is absolutely no better feeling in the world than watching your children develop a huge passion for something, especially when it is something you too love to do. Their mom states that watching us going after the perch is just like watching 3 kids. It indeed takes me back to my youth and I'm in like a dirty shirt too. They're spoiled, I'm spoiled, life is indeed good.

As a guy who chucks big bucktails and cranks for huge pike.......I know. I too grew up fishing perch almost daily in the summer at the family cottage down south where I grew up, it contributed immensely to my fishing addiction as well as honing skills. When I look at my kids with a look in their eyes while sight fishing for the larger humpback perch that is like mine from 25-30 yrs ago it is almost scary, but there is absolutely no better feeling in the world than watching your children develop a huge passion for something, especially when it is something you too love to do. Their mom states that watching us going after the perch is just like watching 3 kids. It indeed takes me back to my youth and I'm in like a dirty shirt too. They're spoiled, I'm spoiled, life is indeed good.

Well said, Kaare...well said! I'm sure there are a ton of us dads on here in the same sitution. Like you, I know I wouldn't trade my time like that with my kids for the world! You're definitely a front-runner for Dad of the Year as far as I'm concerned! :way:

Top Bottom