Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good Wisconsin Buck

droptine37

Life Member
All I know is that this buck grossed somewhere around 218. It was shot by a guy that works with my dad somewhere near Lodi, Wisconsin. I guess the guy saw the buck one time back in the summer and hunted it hard all bow season and didn't see it once. He ended up shooting it last Sunday the 21st.
2129wisconsin_buck.jpg

I've seen big bucks during the summer and never had a chance to harvest them. Perseverance has definitely paid off for this hunter. That's a great looking buck.

I don't know all the details of the hunt, but I live in Lodi and know the area where he was shot. There is chunk of land (several hundred acres - don't know exactly how many) outside of town near Lake Wisconsin that no one is allowed to hunt. It is one of the favorite areas for shining in the fall because it is just loaded with good bucks. I've never seen one this big out there, but have seen plenty I would shoot. I have several friends who bow hunt the fringes and they talk of deer the average hunter will never see in a life time. Although this property is not managed for deer, it goes to show that if deer have a safe place to escape to during the season or if you practice QDM and let good deer grow, they can grow huge racks.

Good luck this weekend for the Iowa gun opener. I've got a tag and wouldn't mind seeing one like this.

Top Bottom