Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got any ideas im puzzled

JW4620

I am new to the sight and am from the Sigourney area in SE IA and i have been hunting as long as I can remember. Well onto my question I have been fortunate enough to bag some pretty decent deer in the past either shotgun or bow but this year is thrown a twist in it for me so here is my question. I have spent pretty much every morning before work in my stand and every afternoon i can, and countless hours on the weekends and i just cant win i am seeing loads of deer from does to several 120 and 130 inch deer but just cant seen to talk the big boys to comin out to play. I know they are there i got 2 hogs on cam and have seen them to. There is still some corn standing but my buddy called me today and said they were started and he thought it would be out tommorow maybe. So do you guys think the corn is my enemy i have tried everything i can think of from scent bombs to every call i own and still the little ones come a runnin but still no sign of the other 2. The most depressing part is i know i am the only one on there i have the only key besides the owner so last weekend some of his family went pheasant hunting there big deer hunters but live a ways away and the kicked up brutus as i call him lol and my buddy said the couldnt stop talking about him and wanted to deer hunt lol he told them no i am the only one hunting it and they precceded to tell him it was the biggest rack they ever seen on the hoof. so at least i know he is still alive and well. anybody got any ideas how to bring him in or do u think just the corn coming out will be a big part of it. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time

Corn coming out will probably be a huge player. Also, if you've hunted the same stand alot, I'd consider moving even if it means packing in a stand and hanging one on the fly. If he's as big as you're talking, he may be training in on hunting activity.

JW
I feel ya because that's the way my season has been going. Just another idea and that is a buck decoy with a half rack and some good loud rattling, i know this may sound crazy but an ol' boy from were im from told me to do this he guaranteed that if you got the big boys attention from the rattling and he saw the decoy he couldnt resist coming into a half rack. I was a sceptic at first but after killing a decent 8 last night who came into my horns then saw the decoy i double lunged him at 12 yards right before he was gunna rake my decoy. Good luck and yes the corn coming out will help too!!!

I would say the big boys are just starting to move good. I rattled in 8 bucks this morning between 6:35 and 8:30 two around the 150 mark and managed to arrow a great nine pointer. There is around 200 acres of corn still standing and the deer are stacked in and around it. The warm weather is the biggest pain but I personally think its just getting good. Hang in there and switch it up a bit.

Can't be easy every year, I'm learning that this year. After 11 days of straight hunting I have yet to see something to really get me excited. I decided to go back to work for the next few days and start anew next week and hope that the predicted cooler temps hold true.

Thanks for the ideas i am sure u all know what im going through its hard to know whats there and not get an oppertunity. im headed out to the other coner of the property to see what happens good luck to yall tonight.

I hunt west of sigourey a little ways and I'm just now starting to see alot of rut activity, I think the warm temps are just keeping all the action at night.

Top Bottom