Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got' em planted

Blaster

PMA Member
We got all our plots in Friday. Got 1" of rain on it Saturday. We will see how it go's! Thanks to everybody for the help!
waytogo.gif

Congrats on getting it stuck in the ground. Shame on you though for breaking the man law and not taking/posting pics of the process.
nono.gif
grin.gif

Now Jethro you know i wouldn't do that to you guys!

Here is were the turnips got planted. This picture was before we re-disced the field.
446IMG_000007-med.JPG

Here is a small 1/4 acre plot we put into clover and buckforage oats for a cover crop.
446IMG_0008-med.JPG

Here is Ta spreading the clover on the 2 acre plot. This spot had a lot of tall grass. We got a kill on most but as you can see there was a little green left. But it looked pretty good after we ran the disc over it again and planted.
446IMG_00105-med.JPG

Here is a Southern Iowa harrow!
grin.gif

446IMG_000016-med.JPG

Hopefully i will have some green pictures that are not weeds in the next couple of weeks!
grin.gif

Good job Blaster! Those plots are going to look awesome in a few weeks. Does John Deere sell those harrows? I gotta get me one of those.
grin.gif

That's a familiar sight. Never thought about using a pallet as a drag. Great idea!
Can't wait to see pics of the green coming up.

[ QUOTE ]
Good job Blaster! Those plots are going to look awesome in a few weeks. Does John Deere sell those harrows? I gotta get me one of those.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get you one cheep!
grin.gif
Hey look
it's raining on it as we speak!
grin.gif

446radarsw400.jpg

A potential word of caution on the harrow... be careful you do not leave nails in your plot to later "find" with your tires. Otherwise, I love the ingenuity. BTW, I could tell it really wasn't a John Deere because it wasn't green.
smirk.gif

If I had a picture I would post it of my new "cultipacker" I used this past weekend. Let's just say it looked a LOT like a big sled with stuff in it tied off behind the ATV!
grin.gif

Hey, it seemed to work!

Derek, Looks good! Congrats on the rain looks like you got some more last night. I did as well and have been hovering the radar for three days and it looks like every storm has missed us by just a few miles
mad.gif

Blaster,
You should have a great start on that lettuce.
grin.gif

We received 2-4 inches over the last 72 hours.
Looks like we might get some sun the rest of the week.
Please keep us posted on the progress.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked at the radar, I'll bet you got alot more rain again tonight!

[/ QUOTE ]

Another inch last night! 4.24in since i planted. The good thing is it was not all at once. I should have good soil moister now!
grin.gif

Well, i prayed for rain and i got it. Here is my clover patch!
frown.gif

446IMG_0003-med.JPG

The turnips look alright. They just need some sun now.
446IMG_00006-med.JPG

446IMG_0005-med.JPG

Top Bottom