Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my first Spring Gobbler

Rackaddict

Life Member
I arrowed my first Spring Gobbler today. I've taken a couple of turkeys with my bow in the Fall but this is my first in the Spring. He weighed 21 1/2 lbs. 11" beard, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" spurs. I'm pumped! It only took three years!!
grin.gif

Last edited:
Congrats Rack. Now you gotta figure up how much that first bird cost you. 3 years licenses, equipment...etc. Took my 4 years before I connected, you must be A LOT better than me doing it in only 3.
wink.gif

Great harvest Rack. I can't wait to give it a whirl next year with a bow. I just hope it doesn't take three years. I'm very impatient!
cussing.gif
I guess it would be worth the wait though.
beerchug.gif

NEVER EVER figure out what things cost (at least not if your wife is near). Great going on the bird. You'll always remember your first.

Rack

That an Iowa bird or a Misery bird?? Just curious is all. What's the story on him?

Muddy, Got him in Big MO.

They were gobbling some this morning but kind of hanging out at long distances. I was originally trying to coax a group of 4 off a hill top about 200 yards away. They were really stubborn so I thought I'd try a fighting purr. Man that thing makes 'em crazy. The 4 on the hill went nuts gobbling but still would not budge. I hit the fighting purr again and 2 more started gobbling straight across from me and one more to my left. The two in front flew over the creek and came up the hill towards my blind as the one to my left came in at the same time. They got to within 15 yards and one of them stopped to strut for my hen decoy that I had set about a foot in front of my blind when he got skewered by my muzzy. He dropped on the spot, kicked a couple times stretched out his neck and died. I hung around for a couple more hours to try and make it a double day but it didn't happen. As hard as I tried the "Hilltop Gang" just wouldn't move. I did go out tonight and build a second blind....guess where. Maybe I'll pop one of those stubborn guys yet, or better yet my brother will.

I wish we could hunt the afternoon here in Mo. like you guys do. Sure would be nice to set up on them coming home at night.

I give all the credit to my new "Lucky Hat" and my "Lucky Shirt". All iowawhitetail.com gear....of course!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom