Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got one

cybball

Went out North of Ames with my brother Sunday November 6th. I hung my portable and he climbed into his ladder stand 30 yards away. Our plan was for him to video tape the shot. He got a nice 12 2 weeks before, so he would shoot a doe if he had a shot. At 4 o'clock, I heard something in the picked corn to the West. I see a buck chasing 2 does, so I got up slowly and grabbed my bow. I grunted twice, but they somewhat ignored me. The does started in my direction and he followed them on a string. Once he got close, I saw my one opening in the tree branches. When he got into the opening, I "yelled" a grunt at him, which locked him up. He was 30 yards broadside looking right at me, but I was full draw with my pin on him. When I released, I saw the arrow hit him in the shoulder a little farther forward than I would have liked, but instantly saw blood spray everywhere. He turned and ran back the way he came. I noticed the arrow (with an easily seen Iowawhitetail.com wrap) was still in him. He ran down the field and turned a corner, where I could still see him. He was barely going and I lost sight of him. We waited a while and I told my brother to sit still as he had doe tags. After 1/2 hour, neither of us could stand it anymore. We went to the spot of impact and there was a red highway. It was nice, as I walked it at a brisk pace, instead of the normal getting down on my hands and knees to look for specks. Once we got to the bend in the field, I looked down where I last saw him and there he was, piled up in the corn. He's not huge, but is my biggest buck I've hit and found to date. I hit him with a wasp jackhammer and it cut the arteries leading into the heart just at the heart. I also got a right lung. I'm not sure how to get my pics on here, so anyone that can help out with that, let me know.
Thanks a million. Gotta love this sport.
smile.gif

05Buck4.jpg
05Buck3.jpg
05Buck2.jpg
05Buck1.jpg
Hope this works! Hey man all you have to do is have the pictures in a document. Then find a host on the net(i chose photobucket) Then load the photo. After you do that click on the URL and copy it. Then come in here and click Image. Past your URL in the box and click OK. And their you go! Hope this helps! Congrats on the deer.

What a neat looking buck. Congratulations on that nice buck.

Top Bottom