Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grass pest herbicide?

goatman

I hunt days ending in Y
I have been fighting with this crap for two years. Is this a sedge or can you tell? I have been using generic Trigger which is suppose to be the same as Select. Should I bite the bullet and get Select or something else? Thanks.
Grass_pest.jpg

If you could get a better picture, that would help alot. Do this, take the grass, and cut it open to see if it is somewhat hollow or if it is full stemmed. Then look at where the "collar" or first leaf is on it, and see if it is smooth or has hairs. That would help alot in identifing it.

What Nannyslayer said plus, explain "fighting".

When you sprayed it did it die and new plants grew?

did it yellow but survive?

or did it not kill the plants at all?

No it didn't brown or die at all. I sprayed it last year and two weeks ago. I'll go check it out tonight and try to give some more details. Thanks

I had some sort of weed/grass "fighting" me too in one of my clover plots so I hit it with Roundup last fall, killed it deader than snot. Since it was spotty and not widespread, I used my hand sprayer and selectively hit the spots I wanted to kill, getting only a little bit of the surrounding good clover.

I then frost seeded in early March over these spots and my new clover is coming on nicely, albeit quite small at this point. We'll just have to see if the weeds/grass refire or not, but judging on the brownness, if that is a word /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif; of the area I sprayed I am going to say that I killed the bad ones and my "new" clover should be dominant again.

grass_pest_1.jpg
Last year I did spray with oil and ams. This year with oil. I think I'm dealing with two different kinds. This one doesn't have hair at the first leave but the other is triangular stem below the leaves and both I would say are solid stemmed. Also when you break off a leave and look at it from above it looks like the shape of a W. Some of this is also heading now. I beginning to think I've been spraying just water. I'll have to mow and spray something else now as it is tall.

I no doubt have some sedges. What can a person use for spray on clover? If I have to RUP I will wait till next year as there is still a good amount of clover. Thanks

Top Bottom